Location: NOT at the VWER Roundtable
Photo credit: Lolly Dovgal
I'm doing a night class for the next month, so I missed an important session of the Roundtable. I've asked for on-my-computer backups of my creations in Second Life, but what did 30+ colleagues put on their wish-lists for 2010?
- Easier scripting
- More than 25 groups/avatar & more flexibility in groups (subgroups etc.)
- Better performance on lower-powered systems
- Interoperability with other virtual worlds
- Better media management in SL (working video capture for all OSes, document sharing, course-management system)
- Some policy to allow those under eighteen to use the Main Grid if they are in a class, coupled with better policing of underage residents on the grid
- (For some) A separate educational grid.
Read the entire transcript here. Let's hope the the Linden Lab team pays more attention to the educational community this year.